V6: Standing wave ratio
This procedure allows to determine the amount of energy that is reflected directly by the antenna due to non-perfect match.
The VSWR (S11) parameter is measured for each direction by either using the software or the MRC05 box (DWD development by P. Ulrych and S. Voland).
- Adapters: selection of SMA and N: male and female
- RF cables: RG58 type
- MRC05 if available
- Network analyzer
- In the configuration file change the value of the iTxon parameter to 0
- Disconnect the feed cable on the Divider/Combiner at point 2 in as shown here Media:PictureVSWRVaisala.png
- Connect the network analyzer to this port
- Measure each direction in sequence by switching the directions using the software or the MCR05 box
- Each return loss (S11) value should be smaller than -17 dB