D2: Emitted power and pulse width
This procedure allows to verify the peak power emitted by the amplifier.
Attention, this procedure includes measurements of high power radiation. Experience and careful handling is absolutely necessary!
- Peak power meter with sensor head
- Directional coupler (peak power = 10 kW, average power = 200 W, bandwith = .95 - 2 GHz or equivalent)
- Attenuators (peak power = 5 kW, average power = 10 W, attenation 20 dB or equivalent)
- Stop acquisition.
- Configure a one-measurement (vertical) wind cycle with an IPP of 1000 μs and a pulse width of 2500 ns and pulse code = 0
- Calibrate the peak power meter and the probe
- Insert the directional coupler between the amplifier output and the circulator (Media:PicturePowerDegreane.png)
- Add sufficiently attenuators coupling output of the coupler and the peak power meter
- Start acquisition
- Measure the emitted peak power taking into account the total attenuation